Thursday, January 7, 2010

About my washer & dryer. I just bought a used washer & dryer; it was VERY cheap and works great.?

Lately, I've been noticing a mildew-like smell in the washer. I'm not sure if it's my water or something I did. (the water in the rest of the house smells fine.) I tried running bleach through an empty cycle and it didn't take the smell out I know you get what you pay for, but is their way I can fix this? Anyone have any ideas on what I could do?About my washer %26amp; dryer. I just bought a used washer %26amp; dryer; it was VERY cheap and works great.?
since its used check to make sure there isn't a left over wash cloth or other item that got stuck under the washer or that there is a small leak somewhere. also check the lint basket, some washers have them just like dryers do and make sure you check up under the rim above the washing barrel, sometimes lints and debris can get stuck up under there. it takes very little to get that mildewy smell. also try running either baking soda through it, 1 small box in the regular cycle, no clothes though, then make sure you run a rinse or oxyclean detergent. hope this helpsAbout my washer %26amp; dryer. I just bought a used washer %26amp; dryer; it was VERY cheap and works great.?
ok this is only a suggestion, fill washer with hot water only an half box to full box of cascade detergent an select longest cycle, then each time you do a Load of laundry add downy softener to rinse cycle. Really believe the washer is fine, but also believe your leaving cloths in washer too long after they've washed try an remove more promptly.
If you have a mildew smell in the washer there has to be a collection of water somewhere in the machine to make this smell. Do you have a guarantee? Even if you don't try asking the person you bought it from. Buying used appliances is always risky. Unless it is being sold because someone is moving and can't take the machine with them (and it is fairly new), don't buy it. I've never heard of anyone selling good appliances. They sell them when they pretty well worn out.
Run it on empty again, but use vinegar instead of bleach.
i have in the past
  • bacteria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment