Thursday, January 7, 2010

We have had a recent bout of cold weather and my washer is out in the garage. I just went to do laundry and ?

my pipes appear to be frozen. I don't even know where to start with this problem. Do I call a plumber? Is there anyway to thaw them fast and hope that my pipes don't burst. Any help would be appreciated.We have had a recent bout of cold weather and my washer is out in the garage. I just went to do laundry and ?
Your hoses are probably froze as is the water valve that can bust and cause a flood, also there is a pump inside the cabinet that you can't see, also the pressure switch pick up tube can freeze and break. A washing machine is not designed to be frozen. I would not try to use it until it is completely thawed. If possible, un hook it and take it in the house and it will thaw by tomorrow morning. If you suspect another freeze, take the drain hose and lower it to the floor and drain the water, then put it back in the drain and remove the fill hoses. A little rv antifreeze in the tub wouldn't hurt a thing, just rinse it once before you wash clothes. Hope this helps!We have had a recent bout of cold weather and my washer is out in the garage. I just went to do laundry and ?
Open the water valve and try a hair dryer or a heat gun if you don't think it's been frozen too long. Also, any small space heater like a ceramic job will also work and you don't have to ';babysit'; it. In the future, buy a heat tape for the lines.


I wouldn't call a plumber unless the pipes burst.
Turn off the water supply to the garageDisconnectt the washer water supply.Try a hair dryer on the lines. Move the washer in to the house for a day and drain it. Sorry, but you are going to be buying a new washing machine if you leave it out there to freeze any further.
An electric hair drier works pretty good.
  • bacteria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment