Thursday, January 7, 2010

What are the reviews for Webroot window washer program 6.5?

Does anyone have any info on this program? I have Webroots Spysweeper with anti virus and it works great and just heard about this window washer program and was thinking of purchasing it to install on my p.c.What are the reviews for Webroot window washer program 6.5?
Editor's review of Webroot Window Washer 6.5


Window Washer cleans all 4 out of 5 stars





This program offers a fast and simple way to protect your privacy by erasing Web browsing and application history. Upon launch, the program automatically scans your PC for supported applications, including such commonplace ones as Adobe Acrobat and RealPlayer.





Clicking the Wash Now button literally leaves your browser's cache, cookies, the history, and the temporary files list as clear as the day Windows was first installed. If you want more control, you can specify exactly what components to clean via the Wash Setup icon. Webroot Window Washer doesn't display detailed information about specific files, but it does give you a list of basic statistics. You can protect the program with a password and schedule cleaning sessions at regular intervals.





The ability to wipe free disk space according to secure algorithms is a bonus, but it would be nice if the program also could shred files and folders. In the final analysis, Webroot Window Washer has very few flaws, making it a fine pick for anyone concerned with privacy issues.





User reviews of Webroot Window Washer





STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE VISTA !!!!!!!!!!!





by: IE7Hate on 16-Dec-2007 06:06:00 AM





Pros: None





Cons: If you have Vista get ready to re-install your OS. It WILL WIPE IT OUT. This is one of the worst products I have ever come accross. DON'T USE IT!





NOT GOOD!





by: frankwpatten on 13-Oct-2007 06:31:42 AM





Cons: You can tell when the company likes to do their own reviews by the positive one's on this board. In truth, this product is NOT doing all it claims, there are other free program out there, that are just as good if not better, ***** Cleaner for one and Advanced Disk cleaner for another. Webroot get your act together.





6.5 Does work properly





by: lmm314 on 11-Oct-2007 12:47:17 PM





Pros: Im very disappointed so I have no Pros. And for those who reviewed this as ';Perfect'; obviously are not aware that its not cleaning what you think it is.





Cons: Like one reviewer said...I checked to see if it was cleaning my temp files because I also use Advanced Uninstaller Pro to clean up programs tracks that Window Washer doesnt. I noticed everytime I ran Adv. Unistaller after using WW and restarting computer, it always had a huge list of temp files to clean. I tested the program out as far as some of it's cleaning processes and it's not cleaning what its suppose to. 6.0 does though. Basically I just bought a lemon upgrade. Support also sucks because you can email them but they either wait a week or two to get back to you or just don't answer. I used to love WW and have been a big fan up until the past two years.





I've also paid a yearly subscription since it came out, so I could always have the newest version. Last year I payed again and they didn't update it once...then when my subscription was up this year, they sent a notice that a new version was and I needed to pay again.





Webroot...you need to get your act together. And lastly, quit sending me emails that my subscription has expired when I just payed a couple months ago!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment