Thursday, January 7, 2010

My CELL PHONE WENT THROUGH THE WASHER!!! Help...any suggestions on how to dry it out,or get it to work again??

I left my cell phone in my pants pocket and it went throug the washer. Now the screen is filled with water, and it wont turn on...someone told my to put it in the oven on a low temperture...any idea's or suggestions on what i can do to dry it out or make it work again?My CELL PHONE WENT THROUGH THE WASHER!!! Help...any suggestions on how to dry it out,or get it to work again??
Good luck with that...I dropped my motorola in a sink full of water...it was in there for maybe 3 seconds...it's shot and worthless now. I left it sit, taken apart, didn't even try turning it on for 3 days, it just laid there and dried. If it was in the washer, that means it was in water for what, 20 minutes? I don't think it will be working again. Putting it in the oven won't help either. Once the water gets to it, it's fried. You'll have to get a new phone....even if you had a warranty, it doesn't cover water damage. Sorry!My CELL PHONE WENT THROUGH THE WASHER!!! Help...any suggestions on how to dry it out,or get it to work again??
2 things. One, leave it out to dry without the battery in it. try a blowdryer perhaps. It may not work again but you may be able to get your contact info out of it. Do not give it any power or battery for a couple days. 2. Italien chick is not Italian until she spells it right.


~whyte guy
You can try soaking it in alcohol, which is hygroscopic and will attract the water, or heat the phone very slightly (using a computer monitor or body heat).
Put it in the dryer. Oh yea, keep it in your pant pocket when you do it.
Time....





I've had the same problem with my kid's mp3 player and after some time, letting it dry out for a couple of days, it was ok. BUT.... your screen may have soe glitches, also since it is a cell, it may not work correctly. But my best advice is time. If you can, place it next to a vent, fan, or warn air supply. An oven does NOT sound very viable.
Time for a new phone --- insurance will not even help
Wouldn't try the oven because the lowest temp is usually too high and the phone might melt with direct heat.





Open the phone, separate all the parts, battery, simpack, front back and lay all the parts on top of a towel over the radiator. leave for at least 3 days until thoroughly dry and charge it up well and then power on. This has worked for me on more than one occasion. One word of caution though, the water may have short circuited the system. But try my suggestion because it worked on a phone that had been out in the rain for 2 days in the garden, dropped getting into the car. If all else fails count your blessings that the simpack still works. Good luck.
time for a new phone, even if you get it dry it still may not work. But I suggest positioning it so the water will leak out and let it air dry. Don't shake it or anything.
muhahaha you are soo busted
My Samsung cell phone went through a complete wash cycle in my jeans pocket. After drying out for about three days, it worked just fine for three more years. Remove the battery and let it air dry. It is worth a try. I would not recommend putting it in or near a heat source.

No comments:

Post a Comment