Thursday, January 7, 2010

Best washer?

I want to purchase a new washer. Right now I've a whirlpool %26amp; even in rented apts I've used Whirlpool. Is that the the best one or are GE/Maytag comparable. My budget is around $400. I do have a fancy for front-loading machines as I think they are better for the comforters %26amp; other delicate stuff. I checked with a sales rep at Lowe's %26amp; he says that front-loading is better than top-loading as its much efficient in water usage %26amp; spinning out excess water so that the drying time will be less. Also he suggests a stainless steel tub to a porcelain tub. Can somebody confirm if these suggestions are correct based on personal experience ? Getting a front-loading for $400 is impossible but I'm planning to check at Sears outlet where they sell dented appliances at discounted rates.Best washer?
I just had to purchase a washer/dryer for my mom. Unfortunately, in order to get a better than mediocre washer, you must pay...a lot. We went with the whirlpool cabrio HE washer, just under one thousand bucks. The dryer was less expensive at seven hundred and fifty bucks. The capacity of the Cabrio is huge, though. You can throw an entire king sized comforter in it. I know that lots of folks believe front loading is better, but I have seen clothing damaged from the rubber gasket on the door and I'd rather not hassle with it. Good idea to check for the dented appliances...you might be able to talk them down to a reasonable price, but four hundred isn't going to get you too far. Good luck...Best washer?
Well, I,ll tell you from experience. I worked with used applianced for 2 years and the Whirlpool top loader is as good as you will find. Those front loaders are nice while they work but if it goes bad, it will be cheaper to buy a new one than try to fix it.
I like my front loading Frigidaire. I bought it at Lowes too. It had some scratches on top so I got a killer deal. Then I stacked my dryer on top....and now you can't even see the scratches.





I'm not exactly sure which model I have, but looking at their site I think it's the ATF7000FS. Their price says $999. I got mine for maybe $450.





It has a stainless steel tub. I don't know if it is better than porcelain, but it looks nice.





The front loader does great spinning out the water, and it is amazing how little water it uses to wash your clothes. Make sure you use He detergent if you buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment