Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I use regular window cleaner in my windshield washer res. on my truck or will it mess up my pump?

or clog my jets? Would adding some water help or hurtCan I use regular window cleaner in my windshield washer res. on my truck or will it mess up my pump?
windex (window cleaners) are not recommended for cars/trucks. The detergents and chemicals used are different as well as the freezing point... not meant for automotive use.Can I use regular window cleaner in my windshield washer res. on my truck or will it mess up my pump?
That's some expensive washer solvent. A gallon of windex........$$$$!


The only issue I can see (aside from the freezing) is how fast it will dry in the summer on a hot windshield. It may dry b4 it even hits the windshield when it's hot.
Do you mean something like windex??? In the winter no, as it will freeze, and also if you mean say your own mix of ammona and water, again in the winter , it will freeze.





But in the summer go ahead, I do. The windshild washer you get in the winter has a antifreeze mixed in so it will not freeze. And no it will not mess up the sprayers.
it depends on where you live....windex will freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment