Sunday, December 20, 2009

Need new washer and dryer, any suggestions Good / Bad?

I'd suggest Kenmore from Sears... I've never had a problem with those. If money isn't too much of an option, I'd check out the front load washer and dryers. They cosy a bit more, but they clean REALLY well, and use quite a bit less water (which is important if you have a septic system like we do.





Good luck!Need new washer and dryer, any suggestions Good / Bad?
I just got a Frigidaire washer and dryer. The washer is front loading and I love it. You would never believe how little water it uses and how quietly it runs. I would go check on it to make sure it was still washing at first. I love them.Need new washer and dryer, any suggestions Good / Bad?
I can't wait until my washer and dryer ';go'; so that I can get those very cool high-capacity machines. I could get so much more washed in less cycles and in less time. That is if you have the room for them. I currently have a stackable Maytag set and they've been going strong for 10+ years. Maytag is a good name. The Sears brands are also good too.
My family hasn't had good luck with Kenmore appliances. I've heard other people say good things about them though. My family likes Maytag the best. One person in my family has a Maytag washer and dryer that has been running fine for over 30 years. My parent's and grandparent's Maytag washer and dry sets lasted them over 25 years. I personally have Maytag myself. I've also heard that Whirlpool is good.





You could also check Consumer Reports. They do tests on all the washers and dryers.
Any good brand washer and dryer would be good enough... but avoid Korean and other Far eastern makes. Go in for a German or American Brand.... Good Luck with your washing... and go in for the front loading one.... takes lesser space..and looks beautiful...
I bought a Whirlpool Washer and Electric Dryer last year. I've had no problems with it at all. We wash at least 4 times a week in various size loads...





While you are making your decision, you need to determine the amount of space you have available for the Washer and Dryer. Keep in mind, your dryer will need space behind it for the exhaust vent. Also, you need to know if you will need a GAS or ELECTRIC dryer. I can't attest to which is better, but, our bills haven't been very high using the Electric.





Depending on your budget, you may be tempted to get all the extra bells and whistles... I'm sure they are nice, but ask yourself if you 'Really' need them before you buy. If you really 'want' them and can afford it, go for it.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment