Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why does my washer have an odor?

I bought a used washer about a month ago,ever since I had it there has been an odor on my clothes Is there any way to clean the washer or could something else be wrong with it ?Why does my washer have an odor?
Yes! There is prolly some mildew. What I would suggest is running a large load without any clothes in it. Put in about 1 cup of baking soda and a TON of Borax and when the washer is full open the lid and let it sit for a good couple hours. Then close the lid and proceed. Also if that doesnt work, you can do the same with bleach.





Also, you cant go wrong using wayyyyy a lot of borax. OH and use the hot water cycle for this!Why does my washer have an odor?
If you know how, lift the drum out of the tub. There may be old, rotten socks in there or something. Also, the intake valve could be gummed up, not letting enough water into the drum. You can also run a wash without clothes in it with a cleaning solution, like bleach or even vinegar (don't combine them!) to see if it gets the smell out.
Does it have a fabric softener dispenser in it? If so, take it out and soak it in a strong bleach solution, then hose it out with a strong water stream (outside if possible). Such things often develop mildew inside where you can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment