Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do clothes shrink exactly? Dryer or washer or both? Someone help please I don't want my clothes to shrink!?

So, do clothes shrink in the dryer or the washer? If so, how can you prevent this from happening because my clothes all fit perfect %26amp; if they get any smaller they won't fit...How do clothes shrink exactly? Dryer or washer or both? Someone help please I don't want my clothes to shrink!?
If clothing labels say to wash in cold water, washing in warm or hot water can cause the clothes to shrink. A good detergent can keep clothes from shrinking, too. My favorites for washing delicates in cold water are Woolite and Tide Total Care. I always turn the clothes inside out to prevent pilling or any other damage.





Does your washer have ';wrinkle guard/control';, gentle, or delicates cycles? Using any of those cycles can help your clothes resist shrinkage.





Clothing labels also tell which dryer temperature is best. If you are in doubt, you can dry all your clothes on low temp.





The ultimate way to prevent shrinkage in a dryer is to hang clothes on plastic hangers and let them air-dry.





I dry clothes made from synthetic fabrics on plastic hangers instead of putting them in the dryer. As a result, those garments look new for years.





Hope this helps!How do clothes shrink exactly? Dryer or washer or both? Someone help please I don't want my clothes to shrink!?
Natural fibers shrink from sharp temprature change such as cold to hot or ot to cold. Going form washer into dryer can cause shrinkage unless you can set dryer heat to low or take clothes out when partly dry and hang to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment