Thursday, December 24, 2009

Clothes washer shopping-suggestions?

I am shopping for a clothes washer.


The old one (23+ y.o.) I have been using has finally bit the dust (or dirt, grease or grime?)


I have taken this one apart in aim to repair it myself, only to call Sears for their price for this part only to feel overwhelmed by their repair parts price!


Generally, which brand is more durable and longer-lasting? I have seen various styles of clothes washers as each model claims thiers is best.


I live in an area where I use hard water from my well. Do any models clean ';better'; with any type (hard - well or chlorinated - city) water over the other?


I am single, so no one else (??) is planning to use this machine than myself.


Thanks for all references!Clothes washer shopping-suggestions?
If you are into ';self repair';, the best washer to buy is the Whirlpool top loader... Kenmore top loaders are the same IF IT IS THE DIRECT DRIVE type - made by Whirlpool!!!! These are the most reliable I've found, the easiest to repair, and the least expensive parts. I've been in Home Appliance repair for the last 15 years, so this is from a repairman's perspective. There does not seem to be much difference from the hard water side, Calcium gums up certain parts in any washer... Mainly the water valve, pump, %26amp; hoses.... The valve %26amp; pump on the direct drive models are not too expensive, and this design has been around for years!!!!Clothes washer shopping-suggestions?
Look at the';Cabrio'; made by Whirlpool. It is pricey, but worth it
On today's market with very poor quality on almost everything the best solution, on my opinion, is to buy a cheapest possible appliance. A little bit better then average are washers made by Whirlpool. DO NOT BUY ANY FRONT LOADERS! Much more money and much less reliable. Make sure it does not have any computer boards. If you prefer to buy an expensive one, I would recommend to buy an extended warranty.


Good luck.
They're all foreign made crap. Pick one with the least whistles and bells. Less to go wrong with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment