Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why doesn't the water flow properly to my washer?

It is connected to a shut off valve that has the duo close lever and the lever is in the on position. The cold water flows very slowly and the hot water doesn't flow at all. What should I do to get the water flow going to my washer? I desperately need to do my laundry. Why doesn't the water flow properly to my washer?
try taking the hoses off the water inlet end ( not on machine ) , there is a screen right inside the hose, sounds like they are clogged. They pop out with small screwdriver , pocket knife , etc. You can then wash them out at the sink.. Be sure to turn off the water before unhooking the hoses.Why doesn't the water flow properly to my washer?
Usually you have a rubber washer with a metal strainer built in it.They get stopped up.Take them out and clean.That should do it.They should be located on the intake of the hot and cold water inlets,where the hose connects.

No comments:

Post a Comment