Thursday, December 24, 2009

In the market for a new washer!?

Our top loading Whirlpool finally died after twenty years of service. We are looking at front loaders as a replacement but haven't had any experience with them. We would appreciate any suggestions as to manufacturers and models that give the best service for the buck.In the market for a new washer!?
I have a Whirlpool duet set. They are alittle more costly but they save on utility bills and I can get my laundry done in half the time. I love them. I havent had any problems and have had them for 3 yrs. You dont need to use much laundry soap either.In the market for a new washer!?
I have a Kenmore Elite HE3t that is very similar to the Whirlpool duet. I love it!! My husband works over the road and I can do two weeks worth of his dirty clothes in 2 loads. If you go with a high effeciency washer and dryer you will save money on electricity and soap. The loads of laundry will also be cut in half. Your clothes will be much cleaner. You won't smell soap on your clothes after they are washed because they get rinsed so well, which means brighter whites and colors. I love my Kenmore and would highly recommend it to anyone. They are sold at Sears, but never pay full price for them because they go on sale very frequently. They have a few different models-the higher the price the more features.
I have a Kenmore 44052 front loader. I love it! We bought the service plan from Sears too (just in case!) It uses only 13 gallons of water and gets everything super clean. My boyfriend works in construction and we have two boys.....and we used to go to the laundry mat. Needless to say, I am MUCH happier now!





My front loader takes high efficiency detergent. You'll use less soap per load than a top load machine. My machine also has a a high spin option that wrings out the clothes really well. The clothes dry so much quicker and we are saving a lot on drying costs.





Go to Sears or other appliance stores and check them out. Sears has pretty good sales. Our washer was on sale and we saved about $250 on it.


Look at Consumer Reports too. They have a section on front load washers. It should help you decide which one is best for you.





Good luck and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment